February 4, 2020
Evelyn Cusak (Head of Forecasting, Met Eireann) heads up an exciting and interesting line up of speakers at the 2020 ICRA National Conference.
This year the conference will be held on Saturday 29th Feb at the Royal Irish Yacht Club, Dublin. It will start at 11am and has great content all day, so we would love to see you there.
- Evelyn Cusack (Head of Forecasting, Met Eireann) – we are delighted to have Evelyn Cusack kick-off the conference covering the topic of “Weather Forecasting”, a critical element of all sailing activities and competitions.
- Sailmakers/Trainers – we will have training presentations on tactics and trimming tips learnt throughout the year from training session across many cruiser fleets.
- Under 25 Team – bringing us the detail of how they went about putting together an under 25 team to challenge and win at the J24 National championships
- Major Event Reps – giving you the low down on what to expect at the major cruiser racing coastal and offshore sailing events of the year
- Sailors Forum – giving members a chance to have their views and input heard on relevant topics and discussions for the cruiser racing community.
- ICRA Updates – on the Boat of the Year event for 2020, ECHO handicaps, and the Under 25 Programme
The full agenda can be found here.
The conference will start in the morning at 11.00am, and will be followed by the AGM and the Boat of the Year presentation.
If you have not yet registered, please do so now as spaces are limited.
During the annual conference coffee, tea and scones will be available from 10:30am, while soup and sandwiches will be provided as part of the conference. Those wishing to avail of a more comprehensive meal can book it in advance with the RIYC catering office.
Notice of AGM
All members invited to attend the ICRA AGM which will take pace in the Royal Irish Yacht Club in the afternoon of the Saturday February 29th. Updates of the activities undertaken during the period will be presented by members of the committee and will be followed by the vote for a new Executive Committee.