The ICRA Annual Conference will be held at the Royal Irish Yacht Club on Saturday, February 29th from 10:30am onwards.
Evelyn Cusak (Head of Forecasting, Met Eireann) heads up an exciting and interesting line up of speakers at the 2020 ICRA National Conference.
This year the conference will be held on Saturday 29th Feb at the Royal Irish Yacht Club, Dublin. It will start at 11am and has great content all day, so we would love to see you there.
The 2020 Annual Conference will feature:
- Evelyn Cusack (Head of Forecasting, Met Eireann) – We are delighted to have Evelyn Cusack to kick-off the conference covering the topic of “Weather Forecasting”, a critical element of all sailing activities and competitions.
- Sailmakers/Trainers – we will have training presentations on tactics and trimming tips learnt throughout the year from training session across many cruiser fleets.
- Under 25 Team – bringing us the detail of how they went about putting together an under 25 team to challenge and win at the J24 National championships
- Major Event Reps – giving you the low down on what to expect at the major cruiser racing coastal and offshore sailing events of the year
- Sailors Forum – giving members a chance to have their views and input heard on relevant topics and discussions for the cruiser racing community.
- ICRA Updates – on the Boat of the Year event for 2020, ECHO handicaps, and the Under 25 Programme
The conference will start in the morning at 11.00am, and will be followed by the AGM and the Boat of the Year presentation.
Coffee, tea and scones will be available from 10.30am, while soup and sandwiches will be provided for lunch as part of the conference. Those wishing to avail of a more comprehensive meal can book it in advance with the RIYC catering office.
|11.00-11.15||Welcome & Commodores update||Richard Colwell|
|11.15-11.45||Forecasting the Weather||Evelyn Cusack, Head of Forecasting, Met Eireann|
|11.45-12.05||Sailmakers – North Sails||Maurice O’Connell|
|12.05-12.20||Under 25 programme presentation||Brian Raftery /|
|12.20-12.40||Team presentation – the road to winning at U25’s||U25 Team|
|12.40-13.00||ECHO – presentation on changes and how it worked||Liam Lynch|
|14.00-14.20||Sailmakers – UK Sails||Barry Hayes|
|14.20-15.00||Round table discussion on cruiser racing – topics of interests||Dave Cullen|
|15.00-15.20||ICRA championships 2020||Rosscoe Deasy /|
|15.20-15.30||BOTY – short presentation on 2020||Ric Morris|
|15.30-15.45||AGM – nominations and votes for board||Cxema Pico|
1. ICRA Nationals 2021
2. BOTY Prize Giving
|ICRA Interim Constitution||Constitution currently in place for the governance of ICRA. This document was adopted at the ICRA EGM on March 2018|
|ICRA General Rules||The ICRA General Rules document is prepared to deal with specific issues when racing under the ICRA auspices. These rules will also be presented as a draft for discussion at the Annual Conference|